Geek Software of the Week: UltraDefrag!
The Geek Software of the Week this week is a free, Open Source disk defrag utility that is small, fast and has a Scheduler so that you can schedule regular defrags of your disk drives! Very nice!
“UltraDefrag has the following features:
* Very fast defragmentation, the work is done via a kernel mode driver which has an optimal defraging algorithm.
* Very small engine written in pure C.
* Nice graphical interface – compact and functional.
* Safety, because the file moving is accomplished with Microsoft’s own Defrag API.
* Simple to use.
* Ability to generate html reports of fragmentation status.
* Ability to include/exclude files based on simple filters.
* Native x64 support.
* Free: Distributed with full source code under the GNU General Public License.”