Geek Software of the Week: Apache Log Viewer
Do you need to check stats on your web sites? This is the tool for you!
“Apache Logs Viewer (ALV) is a free and powerful tool which lets you monitor, view and analyze Apache/IIS/nginx logs with more ease. It offers search and filter functionality for the log file, highlighting the various http requests based on their status code. There is also a report facility, thus you can generate a pie/bar chart in seconds. Together with this there are also statistics where you can get the top hits, top errors, number of status codes, total bandwidth and more.
Apache Logs Viewer is a great tool to use for web analytics. Use it to get your website more productive, detect any errors and fix them. You can determine the visitors originating country and if the referrer logging is enabled than it is easier to see from which website the clients are coming from, the search terms used and which pages where visited.
- Easy installation (Windows/Linux Application)
- Does not require installing on Apache Server/IIS/nginx server
- Color log according to status codes
- Translate IP to Country (fast with no lookups)
- Search for IP Address, Request String, Date, Referrer (and others)
- Filter by any column
- Export to text file/comma separated value, txt/csv
- Visual Reports (Pie/Bar Charts)
Some of the available Reports: (Pie/Bar Graph)
- User Agents
- Hits each Day
- Visits by Country
- Visits by Request *
- Visits by Referrer *
- Visits by IP *
- Visits by User Agent (Browser) *
- Visits from Country *
- Unique Hits *
- Bot Hits *
- Request Analysis *
- Visual Country Visits
* Report is available with a valid Unlock Code (see below).
Supported Web Servers
- Apache HTTP Server
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
Apache Logs Viewer is free for unlimited use, however some features are locked. To unlock these features please support this app by a small donation €12 (approx. $16.50) (for individuals). You will be given a unique unlock code which will unlock the locked features. This unlock code also includes free upgrades for that version whenever they are available. Locked features are distinguishable because they are greyed out.”