Since so much is in the news this week and last on security issues, I figured a security-based GSotW would be a good idea!
Let’s say that you run a web site hosted on a web server running Apache (how wise you are!) And, let’s say that you wanted to password protect a directory off your server via a .htaccess file. You could teach yourself to code the password into the file, or you could simply download and set up DirectoryPass!
“Features and Benefits
- Multi-Language Interface: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese and Turkish interfaces all in one script.
- Multi-Platform Software
- Tested on Unix, Linux and Windows environments.
- Supports Windows .htaccess, Cobalt RAQ .htaccess and traditional .htaccess methods.
- Simple Installation
- Upload one file (less than 50Kb) and configure via browser.
- Open Source
- Released under GNU General Public License. DirectoryPass is completely free!”
DirectoryPass also gives you a web-based screen to manage usernames and passwords to web directories as well. Very cool stuff!