Geek Software of the Week: Quick Encrypt!
Dewd! Sometimes a Geek Software of the Week just totally meets a need at the moment that you need it, and this is one that did that for me! I needed a handy way to quickly encrypt text files so that if you managed to get a hold of it, it would be useless to YOU, but important and easy to encrypt for ME! Done and done!
“Protect the data in your email, your contacts, and more with Quick Encrypt. This extension will save a common password and allow you to quickly encrypt and decrypt the contents. To use the extension follow these easy steps.
– Enter you password in the Key field. (Only once. The computer will remember your password.)
– Enter the message to be encrypted (a bank account number, a very personal message, etc.) in the Phrase field.
– Click Encrypt to create a safe and copyable code.
– Click Undo if you made a mistake.
– Save, Forward, or whatever.
Use Quick Encypt to pass a note to a friend, forward a password to a friend, or store a social security number in an archived email message.”
Granted, it is for Google Chrome…. but, what else would you be using anyway, right? Grin!