Geek Software of the Week: AutoHotkey!
This is one of those mind-bogglingly useful software doohickeys that will help you in so many ways!
“AutoHotkey is a free, open-source utility for Windows. With it, you can:
* Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or use the macro recorder.
* Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse. Virtually any key, button, or combination can become a hotkey.
* Expand abbreviations as you type them. For example, typing “btw” can automatically produce ‘by the way.’
* Create custom data-entry forms, user interfaces, and menu bars. See GUI for details.
Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse.
* Respond to signals from hand-held remote controls via the WinLIRC client script.
* Run existing AutoIt v2 scripts and enhance them with new capabilities.
* Convert any script into an EXE file that can be run on computers that don’t have AutoHotkey installed.”
Note that it works with AutoIt scripts (another GSotW from way back!) And, they can be compiled! DEWD!