Geek Software of the Week: Tag&Rename!
I know, this is another one that is NOT free, but occasionally you have VERY specific needs that only a shareware program like this addresses. I wanted a program that would allow me to edit tags within files of all kinds of file types, like: mp3 (ID3v1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags), MusePack mpc/mp+ (APEv1, APEv2 and ID3v1 tags), Windows Media wma, asf and wmv files, Ogg Vorbis/Flac/Speex (vorbis comments), Apple iTunes and iPod aac (m4a) files including mp4, lossless m4a and protected m4p files, most popular lossless codecs including Monkey’s Audio, Flac, Wav Pack, Optim Frog, True Audio, Apple, Windows Media lossless and Wav! WOW! Plus, I wanted all file info on ONE screen, so I could see it and edit it all at once. Well, check it out!
“Tag&Rename supports many additional tag fields including lyrics, cover art, rating, mood, disc #, part of a compilation, album artist, classical music fields (Composer, Conductor, etc.), file related URL’s and so on. With Tag&Rename, you can:
* manually edit music files tags
* automatically fix and complete file tags using online freedb database
* load titles and cover art from amazon.com server
* get tags data from file names and its folders structures
* rename your music files and folders according to its music information in a batch
* create play lists
* export files information to CSV, HTML, XML and text formats and more
Tag&Rename supports many files and tags standards in an easy and intuitive way, so you can work with music metadata and not have to think about files codecs and tags versions – Tag&Rename does it all.”
And, it supports Vista! All for only $29.95! Not bad at all! I bought it!