Geek Software of the Week: HeidiSQL
So, for this week’s great, free Windows utility, how about a cool program that allows you to manage MySQL databases and create, browse, query, create reports… and generally manipulate your MySQL databases with a handy Windows interface!
“HeidiSQL is an easy-to-use interface and a “working-horse” for web-developers using the popular MySQL-Database. It allows you to manage and browse your databases and tables from an intuitive WindowsÂ® interface.
With HeidiSQL you will also be able to:
* generate nice SQL-exports
* synchronize tables between two databases
* manage user-privileges
* import text-files
* export table-data as CSV, HTML and XML
* browse and edit table-data using a comfortable grid
* batch-insert ascii or binary files into tables
* write queries with syntax-highlighting (next version will have also code-completion)
* monitor and kill client-processes
* and much more…”