Geek Software of the Week: WinDirStat!
Every wanted to see what files are “clogging” your hard drive? Now, you can see it visually!
WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for Microsoft Windows (all current variants). WinDirStat reads the whole directory tree once and then presents it in three useful views:
* The directory list, which resembles the tree view of the Windows Explorer but is sorted by file/subtree size,
* The treemap, which shows the whole contents of the directory tree straight away,
* The extension list, which serves as a legend and shows statistics about the file types.
* Coupling. Select an item in the directory list: The treemap highlights it; and vice versa.
* Built-in cleanup actions including Open, Show Properties, Delete.
* User-defined cleanups (command line based).
* Works with network drives and UNC paths.
* ‘Create disk usage report’ option.