Geek Software of the Week: Muses Radio Player for the Web!
I know not everyone does part-time, volunteer work for an Internet Radio Station, but, hey! You may want to add a player to your own web site! So, here’s the best player I’ve found! It will use HTML5, or Flash, if it is not supported. And, it is free and Open Source!
“What is Muses Radio Player?
Muses Radio Player is an open source Web Player for audio streaming (radio over the internet).
It supports the most popular Audio Codecs: MP3, OGG and AAC and works great with Shoutcast, Icecast 2, and other compatible streaming servers.
Muses also has some interesting and necessary features that makes it unique like:
- Flash and HTML5 support.
- Automatic reconnection in case of network errors (to ensure that your audience will never get silence).
- Smart cache management (to avoid huge memory consumption).
- XML Skin Support (to let you create your own skins).
- AutoStart option.
- HTML Code Generator for your Website (to make the player super easy to install).
- Multi Language (with more than 20 languages available!)
- Automatic Language Detection
- Reads Metadata directly from OGG Streamings.
- Metadata Loader for MP3 and AAC Streamings.
- Configurable Buffering Time.
- Optional Fallback Streaming (to increase your service quality).
- Introduction Audio Support (to play any audio you want before the streaming).
- Support for blind or print-impaired users reading software.”