Geek Software of the Week: FNR! (Update)
This is an old favorite, that I “re-discovered” this week when I needed to update a lot of exact match text in a whole BUNCH of text files. Man, this thing is awesome!
“An open source tool to find and replace text in multiple files.
- Single file download – fnr.exe (181kb)
- Replace text in multiple files using windows application or through command line
- Find Only to see where matches are found
- Case-sensitive searching
- Searching for files in one directory or recursing sub-directories
- Regular expressions
- Find and replace multi-line text
- Generate command line button to create command line text to put in batch file
- Command line help
- Unit tests of Find/Replace engine”